Google Ads API version 14.1 is now available – two months after version 14 was released.
The minor update includes additional search term data, new recommendation types and account management assistance.
Why we care. The updated version of Google Ads offers a range of new tools and features to help you better monitor the performance of campaigns, so that you can make data led decision to improve optimization efficiency.
Upgrade needed. In order to use some of the new Google Ads API version 14.1 features, you will need to upgrade your client libraries and client code. The updated client libraries and code examples are set to be published by Google next week.
Get the daily newsletter search marketers rely on.
New features. Although there are no breaking changes, there are several new features available through the updated Google Ads system:
- Account Management
- Customer.customer_agreement_setting which shows if the customer has accepted the lead form term of service
- New fields in AssetGroup to show whether the asset group is serving or the reasons why it’s not serving: primary_status and primary_status_reasons
- New fields in AssetGroupAsset to show whether the asset group asset is serving or the reasons why it’s not serving: primary_status, primary_status_details and primary_status_reasons
- New values in the CallToActionType enum: BUY_NOW, DONATE_NOW, ORDER_NOW, PLAY_NOW, SEE_MORE, START_NOW, VISIT_SITE and WATCH_NOW
- New values in the AssetLinkError enum: CUSTOMER_NOT_VERIFIED, UNSUPPORTED_CALL_TO_ACTION and PAGE_FEED_INVALID_LABEL_TEXT
- New fields in Invoice and AccountSummary: export_charge_subtotal_amount_micros, export_charge_tax_amount_micros and export_charge_total_amount_micros
- New values in the CampaignPrimaryStatusReason enum: HAS_ASSET_GROUPS_DISAPPROVED, HAS_ASSET_GROUPS_LIMITED_BY_POLICY and MOST_ASSET_GROUPS_UNDER_REVIEW
- (Allowlisted accounts only) DiscoveryCampaignSettings with upgraded_targeting: When upgraded_targeting is set to true, you can add a location and a language as an ad group criterion
- New enum value: CriterionError.INVALID_DETAILED_DEMOGRAPHIC
- (Allowlisted accounts only) Support for adding LanguageInfo and LocationInfo as an AdGroupCriterion: This is available only for a Discovery campaign with upgraded targeting enabled
- New values in the ExperimentError enum: DUPLICATE_EXPERIMENT_CAMPAIGN_NAME, CANNOT_REMOVE_IN_CREATION_EXPERIMENT and CANNOT_ADD_CAMPAIGN_WITH_DEPRECATED_AD_TYPES
- PerformanceMaxOptInRecommendation which recommends creating the first Performance Max campaign in the account
- ImprovePerformanceMaxAdStrengthRecommendation which recommends improving the asset group’s strength of a Performance Max campaign
- MigrateDynamicSearchAdsCampaignToPerformanceMaxRecommendation which recommends migrating a Dynamic Search Ad campaign to Performance Max
- New metrics and segments about new versus returning customers: metrics.new_customer_lifetime_value, metrics.all_new_customer_lifetime_value and segments.new_versus_returning_customers
- New customer_search_term_insight and campaign_search_term_insight views: metrics.search_volume shows the volume range for a search term insight category
- New fields for listing groups: ListingGroupInfo.path and AssetGroupListingGroupFilter.path
- New field: ShoppingSetting.advertising_partner_ids
- New values in the CampaignError enum: NOT_LINKED_ADVERTISING_PARTNER and INVALID_NUMBER_OF_ADVERTISING_PARTNER_IDS
- (Allowlisted accounts only) AdType.DISCOVERY_VIDEO_RESPONSIVE_AD and its corresponding DiscoveryVideoResponsiveAdInfo
Deep dive. Read the Google Ads API version 14.1 announcement in full for more information.
New on Search Engine Land