Google fully rolled out its conversational experience to all advertisers in the U.S. and U.K.
This feature will soon be globally accessible to all advertisers. However, during the initial rollout, it will only be available in English.
Why we care. More advertisers now have access to a feature that could make the process of building search campaigns easier and faster, freeing up your time to focus on other essential tasks crucial for achieving successful campaign outcomes.
The conversational experience explained. The conversational experience within Google Ads is a new chat-based feature. It combines your knowledge with Google AI to speed up the creation of search campaigns and assist with optimization by generating text and assets more easily.
Getting started. To start using the conversational experience, follow these simple steps:
- In your Google Ads account, click the Create button, then select Campaign.
- Proceed through the campaign creation process.
- If your account is eligible, you’ll be presented with the option to use the new conversational experience to build your search ad when you reach the “Keywords and ad” step.
How it works. The conversational experience can help you by:
- Creating new search ad headlines and descriptions.
- Generating relevant keywords.
- Suggesting images.
- Suggesting sitelinks.
In order to create these assets, all advertisers need to do is enter their website and Google AI will generate relevant ad content, including creatives (images, headlines, descriptions) and keywords.
Control. Advertisers have full control over choosing which elements go into their campaigns. They can also fine-tune and make adjustments to the generated content using the chat function.
Transparency. All images created with generative AI in Google Ads, including conversational experience, will include open standard metadata and be invisibly watermarked with SynthID.
What Google is saying. A Google spokesperson told Search Engine Land:
- “For smaller businesses, the conversational experience is especially helpful at scaling creative and more easily building high-performing campaigns, while larger agencies may find it useful to quickly deploy and test campaign concepts before rolling them out more broadly.”
Get the daily newsletter search marketers rely on.
Deep dive. Read Google’s conversational experience guide for more information.